So yesterday I was shamelessly pimping for votes for the Ninth Annual Weblog Awards, The 2009 Bloggies. Today, I’ve sunk even further. I found out the Blogger’s Choice Awards were accepting nominations. Having no shame at this point, I nominated myself. Went out for the day and came back to dozens of hits on my site directly from the Blogger’s Choice site. Hmmmm. When I logged back in, I found I was featured on the front page and had garnered two more votes. Wow! Two other people voted for me for Best Humor Blog. And they weren’t even friends or Andy or anybody I’d paid, since I hadn’t told anyone that I’d nominated myself. Except what about all those people that were coming from the Blogger’s Choice Awards site to my site, BUT CLEARLY HADN’T VOTED? Hey, you need to go back and vote! Vote for me. Okay, maybe the post you landed on wasn’t my best. But read this one about bacon and this one about vampires. Funny, right? Okay, now go back and vote for me!
1) Scroll down on this site to the point in the middle sidebar where you see my nominations. Click on one. It will take you to a place where you can vote for me in that category.
2) Or visit http://bloggerschoiceawards.com
3) If you don’t see my blog on the front page, go to the top right hand of the page to the search field
4) Tap in leftcoastcowboys (no spaces)
5) When you get to my nomination page, you’ll notice you have a choice of several categories I’m nominated in (okay, that I nominated myself in!) Pull the little menu down to Best Humor Blog. VOTE VOTE VOTE! I don’t know if you can cross vote for me in the other categories, but you might as well, if it’s allowed. I mean you’re here and all. I’m just saying.
By the way, if I win, I’ll share my prize. Which I understand is a big fat nothing. Except bragging rights. But I’ll share those.
Okay, enough of that nonsense. With all these awards and holidays and friends having babies all over the place, I haven’t been up to check on the farm in weeks. Which is probably okay since everything is mostly dormant. But I thought I should check on my Brussels sprouts, since they were demonstrating very bad tendencies the last time I saw them. In fact, if Brussels sprouts could become juvenile delinquents, mine were on that slippery slope. One look at them (see picture above) confirmed the worst. They are more like cabbagy flowers, all open and floppy, than like nice tight little heads. I guess my run of beginners luck is over and I might actually have to study up on this gardening stuff.
See I’m not a real farmer. I just play one on the InterWebs.
On a brighter note, I have been able to grow some grass in the former dirt patch around our barn. Well, I didn’t actually cultivate it, but it did sprout and grow on my watch. I’m taking credit.
So I saddled up “Old Paint” and went to check the fences, the orchard and the vineyards.
So now I realize I’ve completely ruined any chance I had that anyone will vote for me for any awards, let alone an award for humor. I mean it, go back and read those posts about bacon and this one about vampires.
What else can I say to convince you? My posts are full of cabbagy goodness. That’s it. So vote for me.